Monday, April 13, 2015

October post

I just finished reading Robert J. Marzano's article entitled, "The Many Uses of Exit Slips".  Though I have used exit slip of some type in the past, this article encouraged me to explored more uses, and helped me better understand the different types of exit slips.  Marzano talks about four main types of exit slips: those used as formative assessment data, those that stimulate self-analysis, those that focus on instructional strategies, and finally those that serve as open communication.  I typically have used just the first type he mentions, which relies more on my students responding to a prompt I have generated.  Now I feel like I more aware of some of the others, and have begun to use these other types in my classroom.  Great article!

No comments:

Post a Comment